Few Points To Consider About Dissertation Hypothesis Testing
Dissertation means the research which is done by the people at the time of pursuing a post-graduation or a doctorate degree. It is usually based on the topics about which the researcher has a very little understanding. The researcher collects various facts and evidence related to the topic so they can judge that what they know about the topic is right or wrong. When the researcher initially starts the research work, he/she has a very little knowledge about the topic.
Following points should be kept in mind while dissertation hypothesis testing:
- The null and alternative hypothesis should be stated correctly. A null hypothesis is an observation which is calculated by chance. An alternative hypothesis is an observation whose results are calculated by random cause. It can be represented symbolically as:
- The researcher should determine the test size; it is a one-tailed (region of rejection is only on one side) or two-tailed (region of rejection is on both the sides).
- The researcher should find test statistic value. It includes mean value, z-value and many other values. It is used to calculate the probability of test analysis.
- The result of the test hypothesis should be calculated accurately as these results help the researcher in determining whether the null hypothesis should be accepted or rejected. If the value at the significant level is less that test statistic probability, then the null hypothesis is rejected.
- Also, two types of errors occur if the null hypothesis is rejected in a wrong way.
- If the null hypothesis is rejected then Type I error occurs.
- If the incorrect null hypothesis is accepted, then a Type II error occurs.
- Calculate the result, according to the decision rules which are specified in a data analysis plan.
H2: P! =0.5
(Where H1 is null hypothesis and H2 are alternative hypotheses)
Hypothesis testing provides direction to whole research. It gives a defined path to research and restricts dissertation to specific parameters so that the researcher don’t deviate from objective during the course of research. Hypothesis testing provides relevant data. It also helps the researcher to judge whether he is right or wrong. So, hypothesis testing in dissertation not only gives direction to research but also provides a conclusion for the research done. To be more accurate in writing essays on hypothesis, one must practice writing it in homework too.